Monday, May 9, 2016

Faith Walking part 3

Faith Walking

In our previous blog we discussed take each day as an opportunity to walk with the Lord.  We discussed how to have a life of Faith Walking with the Lord.  God is looking for someone to be a faith walking partner. God longs to walk with you, which is why his arms of grace have been pulling you into a closer walk with him.
Faith Walking is making a daily chose to spend time with the Lord.  There are three things you can do on a daily basis to spend time in the Lord.  We discussed in our last blogs how to spend time in prayer, taking time on your way to work to spend time in prayer.  We also discussed spending time with the Lord in Worship.  Spending time listening to Worship music and praising the Lord. Today we are going to discuss spending time in the Word of God.
We need to spend time in the Bible.  Reading the bible is where we learn who God is, and what He thinks about us.   We also learn what He sacrificed for us. We also have awesome character references with people in the Bible.  How they dealt with different situations and struggles in life, and also how God helped them through.  We also learn about peoples great faith in the Lord.
If you can spend time in the Word each day, I can tell you, you will truly be blessed.  I know we all have a lot going on in our lives but we must make time for the Lord.  If you can put just 30 minutes of your time reading the Word, your faith will grow.
I know that at times I am busy as well, but I have learned to spread my time around.  A lot of times while I am at work I will put my headphones in and listen to the audio bible on my phone.  I get to listen to the Word and there are always things that stand out so when I go home I read it in the Word and take some notes on what I got out of it. 
I also like to listen to teaching CD’s.  I also bring my CD player to work and listen to teaching CD’s.  I am getting educated by the teacher with the Word.  Now that we are starting to have nice weather I also like to take my dog for a walk and listen to a teaching.  My favorite site to go for teachings is [One Place] they have every teacher you can think of on there.  You can choose your teacher, the topic and the message you want to hear.  I love it.
Another thing I like to do is find a passage that interests me and do a bible study on it.  I really like digging into what the passage is saying and having a great understanding of what it means.  As you dig into the Word you will get educated, receive wisdom and understanding.  It also brings your relationship with the Lord to greater heights. 
The reason I am telling you this is I have a great desire for all to increase in your faith towards God.  The Word gives great character reference to who God is.  Once you know who He is, your faith will increase greatly.
Below are some scriptures that tells us how important it is to read the Word of God.
 
1 Timothy 4:13
Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of scripture, to exhortation, to teaching.
 
 1 Timothy 4:15-16
Practice these things; immerse yourself in them, so that all may see your progress.  Keep a close watch on yourself and on the teaching.  Persist in this, for by so doing you will have both yourself and your hearers.
 
 2 Timothy 3:16-17
All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
 
 Psalms 119:89
Forever, O Lord, your word is settled in heaven.
 
Isaiah 55:11
So is my Word that goes out from my mouth it will not return to me empty but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
 
 
Hebrews 4:12
For the Word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
 
 John 15:7
If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish and it will be done for you
 
 
The scriptures above are to let you know that the Lord God almighty wants you to read His Word so that He can educate you, strengthen you and equip you for His work.
 Make time for Him you will truly be blessed.  Remember the one who loves you wants you to grow in Him.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment