Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Pray with Joy

Pray with Joy

 There are many ways to pray to the Lord.  I have read this scripture verse and thought I would do a little message on it.   It is Philippian’s 1:3-5. I can tell you when you pray to the Lord it will bring you joy and peach.
 
Philippians 1:3-6
I thank my God every time I remember you.  In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy. Because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this that He who began a good works in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. 
 
1.     Remembering what God has done for you.
 
Philippians 1:3
I thank my God every time I remember you
Nothing brings more exciting and joy when you remember what the Lord has done for you.  When you think about what God has done for you, your family and the people around you it brings out a heart of joy and thanksgiving.
 
 
2.     Praying about opportunities for  ministry and services
Philippians 1:5
Because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now.
Prayer is exciting when you prayer for future opportunities and plans.  We truly believe that God answers all prayers, then we can have a joyful expectation of good things to come.  It helps to know that your prayer actually means something.  Whether you are planning to go on a mission trip or getting more involved in church you can start by coming to God with a great expectation.  Remember when you step out in faith, prayer is the first step.
 
 
3.      Thinking about God’s promises
Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Remember that God is a very faithful God and keeps His promises to you.  Knowing that God is faithful and He is the one at work in your life should bring you great excitement.  Learn to depend on God’s faithfulness and promises it will free you up to live a life of  joy in a relationship with Jesus.  So when you pray don’t worry God’s got everything under control!!  God’s promises have a way of bringing joy even in the most discouraging times.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment